Friday, March 11, 2011

Mom's Quilt

I have a LARGE piece of my Mom's quilt done!!

I turned a bunch of solid 2 inch strips into more two inch strips with alternating colors. Those strips became 14 by 14 square blocks, I think they were about 21.5 inches square. Those blocks then sat by them selves for a really long time. Then I cut up some red sashing... then I trimmed some sashing then I cut the sashing to 14 inches... then I sewed the sashing back together and cut them to 21.5 inches. Sashing got a stripe of alternating down the middle. eventually it all got sewn together!
Wallah!

Now... its the size of a king size bed... I didn't say it was a blanket for a king size bed. I mean it is literally the exact size of a king. So I'm going to ad some boarders. Just not sure what I want to do though. More red? Different color!? Pick whatever I have the most of and go with that? More then likely that will be my solution. Seeing how I dont' think this is a "scrappy" board kind of quilt. Its busy enough. They eyes need something to rest on.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that's a lot of squares! Great job so far. When you're all done, you should figure out how many pieces are in it. I think the border should also be red, predominantly.

    ReplyDelete