Wait... not the stockings. Hanging the pictures with care. Granted I did use wrapping paper to mark the sizes of the frames so you can see where my confusion came from...
First I cut out a bunch of frame sizes of the Ik.ea Ribb.a frames that we picked up this weekend (more on that later). Once I had quite a few (or at least one of each) I went to town.
The first one was a little small I know now, also too high. The point is obviously to fill the space between the two lamps and make a nice collection of frames.
We even tried a slanted option. I felt the need to fill in the bottom left or put more on the top right in a smile sort of way. Basically it was probably the easiest one to say no to.
Then husband started fiddling around. his style of placement and mine are VERY different. He shoots for symmetrical and even spacing and large square space. You can see here (if not for my bad cutting) that his arrangement took the shape of a giant rectangle where my previous ones are more free.
Of course to counter act the box look that I couldn't handle I tacked on 3 5x7 frames on the sides.
Husband took this a little further and played with the image some more....
So the final arrangement that we choose was this one. The top and bottom frames are not level (original design a few pictures back), 2 next to small size frames were added and the small frames don't look so random anymore.