Friday, August 19, 2011

Nerd Art

Alright, so I'm going to let my freak flag fly. I need some art work for the new house. Actually I need art work for this house too, but that would be pointless now wouldn't it? Now, I must have seen this before because with enough google I was able to find it. I would have to create my own version since I don't really like anything out there. But, I have dabbled in oil pastel large and small and I think I could make this happen.

First...

Starry Night and turning it into...

wait for it....

can you handle this nerdiness....

Oh yeah, that's Hogwarts. Yes as in Harry Potter. Now, my version wouldn't include the death eater call in the corner but I love the idea of "replicating it".

Pushing the idea further I came up with a few more ideas. First let me mention I am a HUGE fan of van Gogh. So this isn't 100% crazy.

The Whomping Willow will replace...

 ... the tree in this fall filled painting.

A version of the Hogwarts express gets morphed into...

a night scene or something more original.

Or perhaps skip the scenery and go with the impressionist style only...
I could do an owl

or stay with the landscapes




Alright, I think you get the picture. Hopefully I'll actually do this. I think it would be really neat to have "original" art work that might be recognizable. I would love to say I could branch out to other favorite stories or artist, but honestly I think I could only reproduce "large colored strokes" and not much else.This could be horrible! I'll keep you updated



1 comment:

  1. This is a really neat idea! Original art just adds so much to a home.

    ReplyDelete