Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Quiz

Because I'm always up for a good quiz and YHL took it too (must do everything they say *in zombie voice*) I clicked on over to the Ethan Allen and took this quiz.

My style is Estate

The verdict is in—your style is Estate. Estate is an eternal American summer. Sporty. Charming. Breezy yet cultivated. A union of antique inspiration and geometric clarity. Civilization in peaceful coexistence with robust outdoor life. In the main house or the guest cottage, effortless elegance.

This online portfolio shows your style. Brought to life in rooms. A subtle mix of furniture, accessories, and attitude. Different “looks.” Because every home should be unique. Come see.

Now looking solely at the picture... they might have nailed this one right on the head. I am almost positive if I had that porch I wouldn't need a real house! So... not bad. But the description..."eternal American summer. Sporty. Charming" I think this is a nice country club. This does not describe any house I have ever lived in. In fact it seems more pottery barn, and when I looked at the pictures it was, but I don't actually decorate like that no matter how much I love it.

"A subtle mix of furniture, accessories, and attitude. Different 'looks'. Because every home should be unique" My furniture is mixed because it came from anyone who would give us any (but that doesn't' count). I would say my mix of furniture and accessories has attitude. Doesn't a tic tac toe lamp and curtains hanging from the ceiling give off an attitude of snarky or fun? Any different looks? Heck yah... have you seen my last three post? What person in their right mind would put so many different colors, textures and styles in rooms 3 feet from each other that you can see all at one time? I scream Different! Thus... I hope it means unique at the same time in a good way!

But what does EA say it should look like? There is Southport which gave up this style pic.

I love the calm look even though it seems like there is a punch of color with that funky sofa. But the rest of the style was very elegant for my taste.

Beachwood
was not my style, nor was it bad enough for me to make fun of even suggesting.

Guest house
was right on the money if I lived a little more country, had a lot of money, style, and kids. However I have seriously considered more then on time a similar piece, but the hubby always turns it down... and honestly where do you put it with out kids?

And the last of the suggestions to round off my Estate style, Old Saybrook. The idea was a fresh look on the beauty of blue and white. I dig the neutral sofa with bold pillows paired up with a patterned chair, but it really has nothing to do with the blue and white beauty. Although I could see my self doing this room, it would be much more graphic and less country.
However this picture suggest to my inner self "blue and white beauty" is not my thing.
Why if you do blue you must to coastal? Or why does ever design heavy in white seem to incorporate shells and marine life? Seriously people... some of us are not from the coast, have never seen the coast, and would like to stay way from "coastal cottage" as much as possiable.

So I say a big fat no to Saybrook, a maybe to Guest house and an I don't care to the rest. On that note... I still want that porch, the lovely furniture they must be hiding that belongs there, and a glob of seasonal plants to decorate it with. A warm blanket wouldn't hurt seeing how I claimed I dont' need a house too.

No comments:

Post a Comment