Friday, April 30, 2010

Quilt 1

Well about a year and a half ago I was bored on the way home from work. I always passed this quilt place so one day I stopped in. I ended up getting a jellyroll. Which is basically a bunch of strips of fabric that all coordinate. I got home and wasn't sure what to do with it. So I cut it into a bunch or triangles. I don't dare call them half squares because they were never square...or part of one. Figured the not squared part out when I tried to piece them together. After months of just being pieces I decided to work on the quilt again that summer.In an attempt to figure something out I just started sewing triangles together. So then I had a lot of blocks. It took me quite a while to figure out what I needed to do to with them. So I created a pin wheel design with one fabric and made sure the other four were different. That resulted in a new set of blocks that I didn't know what do with. They were too small for a quilt or even a lap blanket (which I really didn't need) so I went to the store and hoped they had another roll. I grabbed the last one. She had forgotten that she even had them. So then I put stripes on two sides of the pin wheel. I didn't want to block them in completely, that's not one of my favorite looks even though now I think it could have worked. At this point I put 7 blocks in a row and line it with a stripe. I make sure the pin wheels in the stripe doesn't match the fabric stripe. I think I managed to do this all but once. This sat as a top until it made it to PA. Where I tied it together and binded it. Now I have no idea what to do with it. It could match the basement if you over look a few of the colors in the quilt

I have no idea what size it is... large crib/small twin. The top picture it is laying on a queen size bed and almost reaches each side (if it wasn't draped over the edge). Over all it is interesting. I wish I would have attempted to machine quilt it. I think it looks like an unfinished quilt with out all the nice lines every where.


No comments:

Post a Comment