Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ticker Tape Rainbows

Rachel at Stitched in Color (I say this like I know her...) Is using her Bottled Rainbows...


to create a Rainbow Ticker Tape Quilt!

I am very excited about this for more then enough reasons! 1) I get to use scraps. After my scrap hunting today I can truely say how  much I enjoy using little bits to to create something. 2) I have been toying with the idea of ticker tape for a while. I almost made a few baby blankets or something just to play with the idea! 3) I get to do a rainbow. I am convinced that a rainbow (primary color) room would be perfect for future children because you could add anything to it and it would match. 4) and because who can stop at just three... This will be down weekly for each block... and that seems like a perfect "easy" project. Not large and daunting like a "traditional" quilt.

To get a better idea of what Ticker Tape is check here on Rachel's blog


Or this picture from here

Aren't they just dreamy?

1 comment:

  1. I want to do art like this out of scrapbook paper to hang on walls - things like bird shapes - kind of like the tree. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete