Friday, March 18, 2011

Gardening

I have some "Old lady habits" but I will be modernizing them!

We all know I quilt. But I pride my self in being a member of the MODERN quilt guild in my area.

Up next. Master gardener! HA ok, well square foot gardener. I convinced my husband last night to start a garden. Today I got up put my grubby clothes on and "mapped out" a garden. Husband laughed, moved my garden 25 feet over to a hill, terraced it and drew up the plans. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend ;)

Its too late to start from seeds, which is fine, but I will be getting plants in a few weeks, so this gives me plenty of time to set my garden up and plan where to plant things. Very excited. Also did a little yard clean up and started a "compost pile". I quote it because its actually a pile of leaves that may get moved again, but for now its feet away from my soon to be garden. Perfect place for compost don't you think? Pictures to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment