This is baby Eli's quilt. Eli is due soon to one of my oldest friends. He is actually a few days younger then me, but we have been friends since before I can remember. The squares were actully left over from a quilt top that I made my FIL. it was just enough to be a perfect baby size. I embroidered "Eli" in hunter green on one corner. Its backing is a green with a yellow boarder. The new parents LOVED it and said it was a perfect match to the nursery.
This quilt top has been hanging on my design board all summer and in front of the window too! The majority of the larger squares were done from a bee. Then I added some to round it out. Its very summery. I don't love it and don't need it. I have the batting and backing picked out and think it might be my first item in my future etsy shop. We'll see.
This is a primary color block quilt that I am wrapping up as we speak. The binding is about 1/4 of the way on. I hand stiched a half inch into each block. The fabric was a "Bee's Knees" line that I got in California 3 years ago. My local quilt shop keeps pulling out the flower prints (not shown here) and I keep grabbing it. Luckly what they keep finding and clearncing was enough for the quilt back, binding, and a little something else if this quilt ends up having an actual purpose. I love it too much to let it go for now.
These are 3 of my new 5 pillows I made. The grey looking front pillow is actually a wool suit material that looks browner in person. It has an envelope back and will have a short life span until I can make a Christmas themed pillow. The floral print was Pier One inspired. it has hand embrodeired details on it in glitter thread that apprently doesn't photograph.
These the floral pillows made it to the living room this summer after spending all winter in a cabinet and not on my masterbed. So the new floral pillow is suppose to be a fall version of those three.